I’ve got to the point where I have a stepper motor turning but I’m hesitant to move forward until I have the inrush issue fixed with the power supply.
Now that everything is in the case and the control buttons are wired up it’s time to look at providing power to motors and get things turning. Before I rush into that though it’s time to correct and oversight.
The mounting panel now sports all the parts that will go into the case (except the PMDX, but the standoffs are in) so I moved on to fitting the various buttons, lights and dials to the cabinet door.
With the basic circuit checked and holes drilled for everything that would mount to the panel it was time to get the panel into the case.
Now that I had the power supply cornered and exactly where I wanted it it was time to mount the other components on the panel.
With the power supply frame completed I moved onto the mounting plate.
Now that I had a layout it was time to start the build and the first thing I did was change part of the plan…
I’ve received most of the electrical parts now so it’s time to start the build. The first thing to do is a dry run laying them out in the case.
There comes a time in every project when you have to just get a grip and get on with it and damn the consequences and I think I’ve got to that stage with the electrical part of this build. I’m still reading everything I can get my hands on but it seems to just be …
I’ve been reading everything I can get my hands on regarding the electrical design for this machine but I’m still most stumbling around in the dark. Everyone else seems to find is trivially easy and I suppose in some ways it is but I really don’t want to connect to parts together and release the …